WELCOME TO NEBRASKANS FOR SOLAR
Please support Nebraskans for Solar during Omaha Community Foundation’s
annual pledge drive for nonprofit organizations.
Wednesday, May 25th midnight to midnight. Click here to learn more.
To sign up for our Newsletters and E-Announcements, just send an email to email@example.com with “subscribe” in the subject line.
To celebrate solar in Nebraska and around the world, we are hosting a free screening of the award-winning documentary, “Catching the Sun” on May 11th at 7 p.m. in UNO’s Community Engagement Center. A discussion will follow, led by Creighton University’s Energy Science Club, students enrolled in the Technology Program. Click here for more details.
Lincoln Electric System has posted a series of photos showing progress on the nearly
5-MW SunShares Community Solar Project – View them here.
FEATURED POSTS & INFORMATION LINKS – Click titles to access each one.
“Why going green is growing on U.S. farmers” – Nebraskans on PBS NewsHour
Central City solar garden receives Earth Day honor
Nebraska’s Property-Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing
Free Nebraska Workshops for Innovative Clean Energy Businesses
SolSmart No-Cost Program Helps Communities To Go Solar & Reduce Costs
How much does a PV system currently cost in Nebraska?
FREE Screening of “Catching the Sun” Documentary
SAVE THE DATE! President & CEO Tim Burke will present a forum hosted by Nebraskans for Solar
About our organization
Nebraskans for Solar was incorporated as a public interest, nonprofit organization in August 2012. Between December 2012 and June 2014 we were a fiscally sponsored project of the Omaha Community Foundation. In June 2014 the IRS awarded Nebraskans for Solar status as a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organization.
Our mission is to work with other statewide nonprofit organizations, government agencies, schools, businesses and individuals to create access to solar energy for all.
Our 5 focus areas are:
- Solar Powering Affordable Housing
- Nebraska Solar Schools. Nebraskans for Solar is a program partner in this new initiative, which officially launches this fall. Visit Nebraska Solar Schools’ website to learn more: nebraskasolarschools.org
- Community Solar Development. Our nonprofit is one of many renewable energy advocacy groups in Nebraska that support community solar as well as rooftop solar development in our state. Community solar has other names, including shared renewables, solar farms, and solar gardens.
- Going Solar Info Kits. These are free at all our community events.
- Educational Workshops, Panel Presentations & Tours
Nebraskans for Solar and Habitat for Humanity of Omaha installed this solar hot water system (equivalent to a 3-kW photovoltaic system or twelve 250-watt solar panels) on a South Omaha Habitat for Humanity home, one of four demonstration houses in our Solar Powering Affordable Housing Program.
Photo collage of the 2013 Omaha solar tour. Click the photo to enlarge.