Posted by Betsy Lillian, Solar Industry Magazine
CleanChoice Energy, a renewable energy company providing 100% clean electricity to customers across the country, has launched the CleanChoice Energy Broker Program . . . The new program will initially be available to partners serving Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. Read more here.
MORE NATIONAL NEWS
- Energy Storage Gets Its Day in Congress, Greentech Media
The House Energy and Commerce Committee invited experts to testify on what federal storage policy should look like.
- Show me the money: The business opportunity for grid-interactive buildings, GreenBiz
Studies by NREL and Clean Energy Group estimate that demand charges above $15/kW make battery storage economic, and GTM Research claims that by 2021, $11/kW demand charges will make battery storage economic. A recent study (PDF) by NREL found that “some of the country’s highest demand charges were found to be in states not typically known for high electricity prices, such as Colorado, Nebraska, Arizona, and Georgia.” If you haven’t checked your bill recently, check again.
- Using Solar Plus Storage Design to Tackle High Demand Charges, Renewable Energy World Contributor
- Declining Battery Storage Costs Raise Questions About the Role of Natural Gas, Renewable Energy World
ADDITIONAL CLEAN ENERGY NEWS
- NC Ranks Near Top Nationally In Solar Power, North Carolina Public Radio
“We’ve seen an 87,670 percent increase over the last decade in the amount of electricity we get from the sun,” said Drew Ball, director of Environment North Carolina Policy and Research Center.
- Wisconsin Utility Companies Invest in Alternative Energy, Madison Commons
The future is getting brighter for wind and solar energy in the Midwest. Two Madison-based power companies, Alliant Energy Corporation and Madison Gas and Electric (MGE), have recently invested in clean energy sources that will affect thousands of customers across the Midwest.
- Monster 690 MW Solar Project outside Las Vegas announced, PV Magazine
The two-phase Gemini Solar Project would be larger than any operational single-site solar project in the United States known to pv magazine.
- Colorado Springs Utilities signs deals for 95 MW of solar, American Public Power Association
- Denver sets a course for 100% renewable electricity by 2030, PV Magazine
- Nevada officials verify 50% by 2030 renewables initiative will be on the ballot, PV Magazine
The Nevada Secretary of State has verified that a Tom Steyer-backed referendum on the nation’s third-most ambitious renewable energy mandate will be up for a vote on November 6.
- It Was a Superfund Site, Now It’s a Solar Farm, New Jersey Spotlight
- Renewable energy brings California emissions below 1990 levels, PV Magazine
- SEIA Partners With WGL Energy to Secure SRECs, Carbon Offsets, SEIA News
Report details ‘bottom-up’ climate strategies for cities, states, Smart Cities Dive
Philadelphia finds a new way to support low-income solar, PV Magazine
In this op-ed for pv magazine, Bentham Paulos examines how Philadelphia is using Solarize to bring the benefits of solar to low-income residents.
TRANSMISSION PROJECT NEWS
Missouri Supreme Court gives new life to $2B Grain Belt Express transmission project, Utility Dive. The proposed 780-mile transmission line would move wind energy from western Kansas to utilities and customers in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and neighboring states.