By Kelly Pickerel, Solar Power World
Cindy Seymour, President of Serenity for Women, believes the following three words should never be linked together – homeless, women and veteran. As women veterans are nearly three times more likely to be homeless as non-veteran women, Seymour sought out partnerships and property to create long-term, sustainable homes for these women in the Syracuse, New York, community. Read the complete story here.
Photo by Mission Solar
MORE INSPIRING NEWS STORIES
- Volunteers, residents work to restore Puerto Rico’s communities, The Washington Post
- Tesla Just Started Six More Battery Projects in Puerto Rico, Inverse. The plan follows the successful deployment of a solar array at a children’s hospital.
- Solar-powered chapel in Ann Arbor hosting open house and tour, Michigan Live. The city, which is promoting the event, is partnering with Michigan Interfaith Power and Light as part of a program called Solar Faithful, which aims to assist houses of worship with going solar.
- UGE plans 198-kW solar system for Minnesota elementary school, Solar Power World
- Duluth, Minnesota’s Hartley Nature Center Reports on Solar Energy Storage Project, Fox 21
- Illinois Power Agency finalizes new renewables procurement rules, Utility Dive. The plan implements measures in the Future Energy Jobs Act that was passed by the state legislature last year.
- Colorado’s solar industry growing jobs, lowering costs, by Biz West guest columnist Jim Ulbrich, product manager for The Clean Energy Collective
- Nearly 60 residences to have solar energy installed. In May, the Town of Amherst launched the first Solarize campaign in the Buffalo Niagara region and, according to town officials, more than 140 residents inquired about Solarize Amherst and a total of 59 solar systems were sold prior to the program ending in September., Amherst Bee
- Town of Warwick receives SolSmart Gold designation: The goal of this U.S. Department of Energy program is to make it faster, easier and cheaper to go solar. To date, SolSmart has recognized 145 communities for achieving SolSmart Gold, Silver, or Bronze, including Lincoln, Nebraska. SolSmart Communities
- Austin scores BIG with solar-powered sports stadium, New Atlas
- PGE Plans Customer, Community Microgrids as Part of Energy Storage Pilot, Microgrid Knowledge