The Coalition for Community Solar Access, a national coalition of businesses and non-profits working to expand community solar, has launched a new Community Solar Job Portal. The portal features a wide variety of job openings from companies across the country and provides job seekers a single destination to find job opportunities in the fastest growing sector within the solar industry.
“Community solar is a high growth industry with lots of opportunity,” said CCSA Executive Director Jeffrey Cramer. “As the industry unlocks more gigawatts of community solar capacity in more states, companies are increasingly looking to hire smart, talented, and motivated people. We built this job portal to help companies find talent and to serve as a resource for those interested in landing a career in a fast-growing sector that positively impacts the community.”
Read more here.
ALSO IN THE NEWS
- Panasonic Solar Builds Out National Residential Installer Network, CleanTechnica
Panasonic Eco Solutions, home of the HIT solar panel, is aggressively building out its residential solar installer network on a national basis, seeking to compete more evenly with the likes of Tesla, SunRun, SunPower, Vivint and others. The company has forged new strategic relationships with residential solar installers in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, and New Mexico, adding to its already sizable operation.
- Colorado regulators clear the path for clean energy growth, PV Magazine
- California’s community has chosen 2 GW of renewables, PV Magazine
Community choice aggregators in California have now signed over 2 GW of power purchase agreements for renewable energy projects, with 1.4 GW in 43 projects coming from solar power.
- Boulder, Pueblo could be the next cities to create their own utilities in pursuit of 100 percent renewable energy, Colorado Sun
- Extra Space Storage adds 2.7 MW to solar arsenal, PV Magazine
As the second-largest operator of self-storage properties in the United States, Extra Space represents a serious commitment to solar in the corporate sector.
- Constellation and Enel Green Power sign energy deal with Starbucks, News Release, PV Magazine. Agreement will power more than 340 Starbucks-operated stores in Illinois with 100 percent renewables.
- Organic Valley and Clif Bar are making clean energy part of their operational recipes, GreenBiz
- How the falling cost of solar panels can teach us to make new tech affordable: Module efficiency was the first cost saver, economies of scale were the second. ARS Technica
- Battery Boosters Pushing Congress to Give Industry a Tax Credit, Bloomberg
- E-Bikes Already At $1.5 Billion Annual Revenue & Being Fought For Globally, CleanTechnica
FEATURED SOLAR ENERGY INDUSTRY NEWS
CleanTechnica: What Changed In The EV Industry In September & October?