By Eric Galatas, Producer, Public News Service
Central Community College of Nebraska is putting students of all ages on a path to good-paying jobs in the state’s growing clean-energy sector. Taylor Schneider is the energy technology instructor at the school’s Hastings campus. He said students receive valuable hands-on experience in the latest solar, wind and battery-storage technologies. They also get to climb a wind turbine tower that generates the school’s electricity. Continue reading here.
ALSO OF POTENTIAL INTEREST
- Kearney-based startup technology could help shore up weaknesses in U.S. electric grid, Silicon Prairie News
- Snappy Workflow YouTube Video: 2022 Pilot Program Kickoff
- Nebraska’s unemployment rate on record low streak, but national rank shifts a bit, Nebraska Examiner
- Tips for first-time electric car buyers, Nebraska City News Press
UTILITY DIVE POSTS
- $225M for energy-efficient building codes, $96M for EV charging, innovation in new DOE funding
- NextEra plans to shift away from Chinese solar panels within 2 years, company leaders say. CEO John Ketchum said he anticipates NextEra will continue to enjoy strong growth as high natural gas prices drive demand for more renewable energy.
AMERICAN-MADE SOLAR PANELS – A SOLAR POWER WORLD RESOURCE
U.S. solar panel manufacturers – Updated June 2022
This is a current list of U.S. solar panel manufacturers/assemblers that produce solar panels for the traditional residential, commercial and utility-scale markets. This data was collected by Solar Power World editors and will be continually updated as facilities are started and/or expanded. If there is a facility update not included on this list, please contact editor Kelly Pickerel: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Also: AES Forms US Solar Buyer Consortium with Leading Solar Companies to Invest More Than $6 Billion on Solar Panels to Scale Up Domestic Solar Manufacturing, AES Corporation News Release