Forty-two contributors generously donated $3,172 to our Green Watts for Good Fundraising Campaign! At midnight that put us halfway to our goal of raising sufficient funds for a second 4-kilowatt (4000 watts) photovoltaic (PV) system!
- A generous donation today of $1,000 from the Nebraska Solar Energy Society brings the total amount raised toward the second PV system to $4,172!
- NFS also has received pledges from two Nebraska solar energy businesses to donate solar panels for Green Watts for Good projects!
- We will use all Green Watts for Good donations to date to leverage matching contributions from local foundations, businesses and individual philanthropists.
- We will also work with our partnering nonprofit to finalize plans to install the first 4-kilowatt photovoltaic (PV) system on an Omaha home using the generous donation to our Green Watts for Good Fund made by two local philanthropists on Earth Day.
- Organize a “barn-raising” type effort to install the PV system. NFS board members, who include three solar professionals and four with rooftop solar, and other volunteers will “raise” the solar panels, which come with a manufacturer’s warranty to last 25 years.
Nebraskans for Solar is an all-volunteer nonprofit, and so 100% of all donations go to support our Green Watts for Good Initiative.
Our long-term goal is to create a revolving loan fund to enable homeowners to purchase PV systems and to save money over many years.
If your ecology or sustainability club, faith group, foundation, business or other organization would like to sponsor a solar system for a family in your community, please send us an email: email@example.com
Thank you from all of us at Nebraskans for Solar!
Photo: Washington State Habitat for Humanity volunteers celebrating a job well done.