American Wind Energy Association News Release
U.S. wind farms surpass 90 GW with strong demand from Fortune 500 brands and utilities.
WASHINGTON — A record amount of wind energy capacity is now under construction at wind farms across America, according to second quarter results released by the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA). Strong demand for low-cost wind power from utilities and other buyers, including major corporations like AT&T and Walmart this quarter, continues to drive the industry’s growth.
“Wind power’s job creating engine just kicked into a higher gear,” said Tom Kiernan, CEO of AWEA. “And all Americans will benefit as the record number of wind farms under construction begin delivering new revenue to rural communities and affordable homegrown energy to consumers.” Read the entire news release here.
Download AWEA’s U.S. Wind Industry Second Quarter 2018 Market Report
SMALL AND COMMUNITY WIND ENERGY NEWS & RESOURCES
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED WEEKEND READING
- 84 gigawatts of community solar, and the plan to get there, by John Weaver, PV Magazine USA
- SEIA Working to Grow Diversity and Inclusion in Solar Industry
- 7 solar leaders share why solar is a great industry for women, Solar Power World
- MidAmerican Energy’s 2 Gigawatt Wind XI Barrels Forward In Iowa, Clean Technica
- Dominion launches 3GW clean energy scheme in Virginia, Wind Power Monthly
- Utility rates driving record demand for home energy storage systems, Axios
- SEIA Supports Legislation to Increase Government Use of Renewable Energy
- Tesla, Others Help Puerto Ricans Go Solar, US News & World Report
SEPA EV RESOURCES