Florida Power & Light Company News Release, PR Newswire
FPL is a subsidiary of NextEra Energy.
FPL SolarTogether will significantly expand solar energy in Florida. Pending PSC approval, FPL plans to install 1,490 MW of new universal solar at 20 new solar power plants across its service territory to meet anticipated customer enrollment in the program. “This program will more
than double the amount of community solar currently in the U.S.” – Eric Silagy, President and CEO of FPL. Read more here.
MORE ENERGY TRANSITION NEWS
Toyota Driving Demand For Solar Power In Ohio Valley,
WKU Public Radio
Automaker Toyota is planning to announce a major
investment in solar and other renewable energy in
Appalachia and the Southeastern U.S. The plan includes a massive new solar facility on an old surface coal mine
property in Kentucky. Photo by Sydney Boles: Part of the
700-acre surface mine still remains to be reclaimed.
- Hungry for green power, tech giants choose between utilities, independent developers, Utility Dive
- Solar Is Gaining in Wind Markets as the PTC Steps Down, Greentech Media
Growth of the solar industry is inching into traditional wind markets, and developers are taking note.
- Schneider Electric Ranked No. 1 Energy-as-a-Service Solutions Provider by Navigant Research,
PR Newswire. Schneider Electric highlighted as top market player for its comprehensive services and technology, ranging from energy procurement to distributed energy resources, including microgrids.
- Cost Saving Benefits Spur Companies to Consider Adopting Renewable Energy Sources,
- Activist shareholders push Amazon on everything from facial recognition to climate change, Phys.Org. Members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) – a coalition including religious institutional investors, environmental nonprofits, labor groups and social-purpose asset managers—began organizing a coordinated campaign last spring to concentrate their efforts on Amazon, in part through the shareholder-proposal process, a way owners of stock in publicly-traded companies can have a voice in their management.
Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR)
Cornell’s Renewable Energy Initiatives: From 115-Year-Old Hydroelectric Plant to Rooftop Solar Farms, Cornell Sun
University of Michigan renewable energy deal could help cut campus emissions 25 percent, Michigan Live
Campbell school district leases land for solar power savings, Youngstown Vindicator
Consider These 7 Key Benefits Of Solar Power For RVing,
Blue and Green Tomorrow