In this op-ed for pv magazine, Camron Barati explores the trend towards what increasing state-level renewable power and storage targets mean for the U.S. market. The company projects 73 GW of solar PV systems will be installed in the United States from 2018 to 2022. Read more here.
Camron Barati is a Senior Analyst with IHS Markit Technology. Camron is part of the IHS Markit Technology Solar and Energy Storage Group and responsible for researching solar PV and energy storage markets in North America, covering supply chain trends and downstream market dynamics. He is based in Austin, TX. Prior to joining IHS Markit, Camron worked as an associate with GTM Research as part of their solar analyst team. He also has experience working with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory and Enphase Energy.
Photo Credit: Recurrent Energy
MORE NATIONAL NEWS & AN INTERVIEW
- Q&A: SEIA’s Abigail Ross Hopper works to defend market access to solar, Solar Power World
- Top Renewable Energy Financiers Reveal Pathway To $1 Trillion In U.S. Investment, by Silvio Marcacci and Gil Jenkins, Forbes Contributors. Silvio is Communications Director at Energy Innovation. Gil is Vice President of Communications at ACORE.
- Solar panel installer among top jobs rapidly increasing in many U.S. states, Time Magazine
- Solar Loans to Become No. 1 Consumer Finance Solution for Residential Solar in 2018, Greentech Media
Solar cars to travel around Fremont as part of challenge, Fremont Tribune
NEWS FROM OTHER STATES
- New York’s energy storage target could end up at 3 GW by 2030, Utility Dive
- Concord passes resolution to work toward 100 percent renewable energy, Concord Monitor
- Arizona 50% by 2030 renewable initiative qualifies for ballot, PV Magazine
The Tom Steyer-backed initiative has turned in more than double the number of signatures needed to get on the ballot, as the state regulatory body pushing a pro-nuclear alternative faces yet another scandal.
- Three massive projects look to put Ohio on the solar map, PV Magazine
425 MW of solar projects – including one on the site of a former coal mine – could exponentially increase the state’s installed capacity.
- 328 MW of solar power energized by 8minutenergy in California, PV Magazine
The developer has energized its Mount Signal 3 project which it expects to be fully commissioned and online by the end of 2018. The project is the second of three plants at one site which total almost 800 MW of solar power.
- MidAmerican Energy announces new Grundy County wind farm, Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier
- How solar energy helps Mennonites with their mission of global relief, Energy News Network
GREEN BUILDING NEWS
Tim O’Brien Homes gears up for construction in zero-energy neighborhood, Milwaukee Business Journal