The awards focus on projects, initiatives and thought leadership that promote collaborative, innovative and replicable models for change by:
- Expanding knowledge about and access to distributed energy resources
- Transforming public perceptions and understanding of the electric industry
- Advancing progress toward an integrated, clean energy future
Read about each of the awards here.
Photo by Grid Alternatives: Coyote Ridge Community Solar Project sited on a former landfill adjacent to transmission lines. The landfill was provided by Larimer County, Colorado for the community solar project.
- Fort Collins-based electric co-op wins national award, Reporter-Herald
- SEPA announces Austin Energy as 2018 Public Power Utility of the Year, Daily Energy Insider
- SEPA names Hawaiian electric companies investor-owned utilities of the year, Daily Energy Insider
ALSO OF POTENTIAL INTEREST
- Energy and Affordability in Housing Finance: How Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are reducing the energy burden for underserved markets, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Solar Energy International launches solar advising program for rural Colorado communities, Solar Power World
- Solar job training program in Marion, IL, KFVS
In the program, 10 trainees from Lutheran Social Services learn how to install solar panels, but also learn more about energy solutions of tomorrow…One of the partners for the training program is Habitat for Humanity in Williamson County.
- Illinois’ Future Energy Jobs Act “saves and creates thousands of clean energy jobs and provides hundreds of millions in funding for low-income programs.” Read more and watch a
1-minute video about the innovative initiative here.
- Solar A ‘No-Brainer’ For Chicago-Area Childcare Community, Solar Industry Magazine
- What’s driving Wisconsin’s push for more renewable energy? One expert has the answer, Biz Journals
- 13,000 People Expected To Attend Renewable Energy Fair In Custer, Wisconsin Public Radio See our calendar for event details.
- Annual Energy Fair in Central Wisconsin Generates Excitement in Milwaukee, WUWN
- EDF Renewables Signs Agreement with Alliant Energy to Advance Iowa’s Renewable Energy Leadership, Business Wire
- In Minnesota, connecting solar projects to grid is about to get easier, Energy News Network
State regulators recently updated interconnection standards to streamline the process for most solar projects.
- Nebraska’s interconnection standards’ grade remains an “F”, while our state’s net metering has earned a “B”. Source: Freeing the Grid, produced by the Interstate Renewable Energy Council and Vote Solar, with analysis provided by EQ Research.
Net Metering / Interconnection Recommendations
- Minnesota solar market surges, Minneapolis Star Tribune
Minnesota has a total of 849.5 megawatts of solar production, enough power for 116,670 homes, according to GTM Research and the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), a trade group.
- NV Energy solar PPAs include prices below $30/MWh, American Public Power Association
- Texas developer sells solar portfolio for $100 million, PV Magazine