By Michael Bates, Solar Industry
Using the sixth cooperative principle of cooperation among cooperatives, 12 cooperatives in Kansas are joining together to make a small investment for the next 25 years – or more – in solar energy. Participating electric cooperatives will be able to procure low-up-front cost solar energy to serve their members through the Kansas Cooperative Sun Power Program and reduce their peak demand. Continue reading here.
Community-Scale / Utility-Scale Solar, Nebraskans for Solar
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED READING
- Nexamp Powers on First Community Solar Project in Illinois, Solar Industry
The first of nearly two dozen Nexamp community solar projects under construction in Illinois is now live and generating clean electricity in Edison’s service territory. It is among the first community solar projects to reach operation under the recent Illinois solar programs established by the Future Energy Jobs Act.
- Invenergy Powers Daily Life with Largest Solar Project in the U.S., PR Newswire
Invenergy, a privately-held global developer and operator of sustainable energy solutions, says its 1,310 MW solar energy generation facility will be the largest in the U.S. upon completion. Currently under construction in northeast Texas, the Samson Solar Energy Center will support the sustainability objectives of five major consumer brands and supply power to three Texas municipalities.
- Solar Energy Projects Hold Bright Prospects Where Coal Mines Once Prospered, by Ken Silverstein, Forbes
- Another big steel producer turns to solar power, PV Magazine
Nucor Corporation has signed the industry’s largest virtual PPA with EDF Renewables North America for 250 MW of new solar energy, set to be constructed in Texas.
- Mosaic Presents SwiftLink – Industry’s Simplest Credit Application for Home Improvement Projects and Residential Solar Installation, PR Newswire. Mosaic is available in every state in the nation.
- Go. Laura Kelly announces new wind energy initiative, High Plains Journal.
[Evergy] has announced that more than 50 organizations have started receiving energy from two area wind farms this month.
- 5 pro-renewable energy actions to expect from President-Elect Joe Biden, by Tony Clifford, Chief Strategy Officer at Standard Solar, PV Magazine. As the U.S. economy continues to recover from its Covid-19-induced recession, it’s likely that Congress and the president will put together a multi-trillion dollar relief package, similar to the one that lifted the economy out of its doldrums following the 2008 economic crisis.
- The Inevitability Of Renewable Energy: Convincing Skeptics, by Carolyn Fortuna, CleanTechnica
HOME ENERGY STORAGE
The sonnenCore is priced to compete with rivals like Tesla, LG Chem and Enphase, and to tap emerging grid services opportunities.The Germany-based company, acquired by oil major Shell in 2019, designed its sonnenCore system to deliver daily cycling for grid services as well as backup power. It comes with capacity of 5 kilowatts/10 kilowatt-hours with a price point of $9,500.
FEATURED NATIONAL SOLAR INSTALLATION
The Flemington Area Food Pantry, serving Hunterdon County, N.J., celebrated and unveiled their brand new solar array installation this week — a project was made possible by a collaborative donation effort among notable solar industry leaders and community volunteers, each supplying their individual components. Among all of the parties who contributed to make the installation a reality, the pantry has one in particular to thank– North Hunterdon High School student, Evan Kuster.
FROM OPPD’S NOVEMBER OUTLETS NEWSLETTER