By Jeff Cox, CNBC
- The economy is projected to add 11.5 million jobs over the next decade, with the bulk in health care, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- In percentage terms, the biggest growth will come from solar panel installers at 105.3 percent — from 11,300 now to 23,200.
- The projections come amid the slowest year for job growth since 2010, as the economy was still reeling from the financial crisis.
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED READING
- EPA Announces Green Power Award Winners, Renewable Energy Magazine
Complete List of 2017 Green Power Leadership Award Winners
- Global solar market to reach nearly 100 GW this year, PV Magazine
- Global Wind Energy Insight: A 100 Percent Renewable Energy Future, Renewable Energy World
- US wind business booming, with full construction and advanced development pipeline, Altenergy Magazine
- Distributed Wind Turbine Makers Bolstered by Energy Department Grants, Greentech Media
The Energy Department recently awarded $1.5 million to six companies working to slash the cost of distributed wind power.
- Electric buses are coming, and they’re going to help fix 4 big urban problems, Vox