Environment America News Release
In January, Environment America revealed its “100% Renewable” campaign, which aspires to get nine new states to set ambitious renewable energy targets within five years. At the time, only Hawaii and California had met that goal. But with Washington enacting a bill today and New Mexico doing the same in March, the total number has doubled. In addition, a bipartisan group of 88 state legislators in Pennsylvania also announced that they are re-introducing a bill to require that commonwealth to get 100 percent of its energy from renewable sources by 2050. Read more here.
MORE 100% CLEAN ENERGY NEWS
- Where does the 100% clean energy movement go from here?, PV Magazine
- Washington Commits to 100% Clean Energy and Other States May Follow Suit, Inside Climate News
- Bipartisan Bills Have PA Powered 100% By Renewable Energy, WSKG
- LA now biggest U.S. city to announce 100% renewable energy goals, Electric Power & Light
- EVgo commits to powering chargers with 100% renewable energy, Smart Cities Dive
- Walmart signs a platoon of purchase agreements, PV Magazine
In one of the largest contracts—by sheer volume of projects—pv magazine has ever seen, the retail giant is making strides on its goal of going 50% renewable by 2025.
- RE100: 175 RE100 companies have made a commitment to go ‘100% renewable’. Read about the actions they are taking and why. As part of RE100, Wal-Mart is committed to sourcing 100% of its electricity from renewable energy by 2025. The company aims to produce or procure 7,000 GWh of renewable energy globally by the end of 2020.
Additional Recommended Reading
Corporate Renewable Energy Commitments Catalyzing Change, Triple Pundit