Office of U.S. Congressman Antonio Delgado News Release,
February 8, 2021
RHINEBECK, NY – Today, U.S. Representative Antonio Delgado (NY-19) was selected to serve as the Chairman of the House Agriculture Subcommittee on Commodity Exchanges, Energy, and Credit (CEEC). The CEEC Subcommittee oversees all policies relating to commodity exchanges, agricultural credit, rural development, energy, and rural electrification.
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED READING
The Green Act
- House Ways and Means Subcommittee Introduces GREEN Act, Solar Industry
Chairman of the House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Select Revenue Measures Mike Thompson (CA-05) and the entire Democratic membership of the committee have introduced the Growing Renewable Energy and Efficiency Now (GREEN) Act. The bill, first introduced in June 2020, is a comprehensive use of the tax code to combat the threat of climate change. The legislation would expand the use of renewable energy to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Building on National Climate Momentum, Lawmakers Re-Introduce GREEN Act With Key Solar Provisions, Solar Energy Industries Association News Release
Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) Expert Blog
Parks and Public Lands Poised for Justice, by Marissa Ramirez. Coauthored with Dr. Erica Holloman-Hill (West Atlanta Watershed Alliance), Mona Wang (Low Income Investment Fund), and Darryl Haddock (West Atlanta Watershed Alliance)
We are encouraged by and fully support several of the Biden Administration priorities that align with ours, including:
- Investing $1.7 trillion in climate and environmental justice and conserving 30 percent of U.S. lands, oceans and inland waters (“30×30”) over the next 10 years.
- Creating a Civilian Climate Corps
- Advancing racial equity across the economy