By Peter Maloney, Top Floor Power, Utility Dive
- The number of contracts signed for wind power projects hit a record of 3,500 MW in Q1 2018, according to the American Wind Energy Association, signaling that 2018 should be a strong year for the renewable resource.
- There are now 33,449 MW of wind projects under construction or in advanced development in the U.S., a 40% increase from last year and the highest level since AWEA began compiling the metric at the beginning of 2016.
Read the entire article here.
Nebraska Wind Projects, AWEA
- Installed wind capacity: 1,415 MW
State rank for installed wind capacity: 17th
- Number of wind turbines: 778
State rank for number of wind turbines: 17th
- Wind projects online: 22 (Projects above 10 MW: 15)
- Wind capacity under construction: 732 MW
- Wind capacity in advanced development: 726 MW
MORE WIND & SOLAR NEWS
- Ameren Missouri Planning Largest Wind Farm in the State, Cision PR Newswire
Energy company takes major step toward reducing carbon emissions 80 percent.
- California’s Landmark Solar Homes Mandate Lowers Cost of Home Ownership, CleanTechnica
- WRITE ON: Solar power’s quantum leap, Finger Lakes Times
- Large Solar Project in Southwest Wyoming Moves Forward, U.S. News & World Report
Juhl Energy’s Journey from Utility-Scale Wind to Microgrids, Microgrid Knowledge
Capitalizing on its experience in distributed wind, solar and cogeneration systems, the company has moved into hybrid, commercial, industrial and community microgrids that range from under 2 MW to in excess of 5 MW.
ENERGY STORAGE NEWS
- Storage Will Be Energy’s Next Big Thing, Bloomberg
The cost of renewables has been sinking. Harnessing the excess could be huge.
- GE Appoints Leader Of Energy Storage, Solar Industry
- Energy storage has much to offer, and now is our chance to tap it: But the state needs the right policies to capture the benefits, Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Distributed energy, with fewer wires, PV Magazine
A SEIA white paper describes the concept of non-wire solutions and how this innovation can boost solar PV and other distributed energy resources.
CLIMATE CHANGE CAUCUS NEWS
GREEN TRANSPORTATION NEWS
- E-Buses to Surge as Conventional Vehicles Fade, Renewable Energy Magazine
- Lightyear to manufacture a vehicle powered from 100% solar energy, Energy Digital
- Subaru Finally Introduces Its 1st Ever Plug-In Hybrid — The Crosstrek PHEV, CleanTechnica
- India now has a railway station that’s fully powered by solar energy, Quartz
Photo Credit: Northeast Frontier Railway