The White House Briefing Room, January 12, 2022
New Actions Advance Offshore Wind, Leverage Public Lands for Clean Energy, and
Build the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law’s Transmission Lines
Today, the Biden-Harris Administration is making major leaps forward on wind, solar, transmission, and other clean energy projects to create high-quality jobs and deliver affordable, carbon pollution-free electricity across the country. Seven federal agencies are announcing clean energy projects and plans that demonstrate the Administration’s unwavering commitment to creating cleaner and cheaper energy, and the actions showcase President Biden’s unprecedented coordination activating the entire government to fight climate change, produce good-paying, union jobs, and accelerate America’s clean energy economy. These actions include: Read more here.
- Solar Industry Responds to White House Efforts to Speed Clean Energy Deployment, SEIA News Release
- American Clean Power statement on Biden-Harris Administration clean energy actions and New York Bight offshore wind-lease sale, ACP News Release
- Interior Department announces New York Bight lease auction for up to 7 GW of offshore wind, Utility Dive
- DOE Launches New Initiative From President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law To Modernize National Grid, Department of Energy
- ACEG Statement on DOE’s “Building a Better Grid” Initiative, Americans for a Clean Energy Grid
NPPD NEWS RELEASE
Columbus, Neb. – Jerry Chlopek of Columbus was elected as Chair of Nebraska Public Power District’s (NPPD) Board of Directors for 2022 following that body’s annual election of officers Wednesday in Columbus.
Also elected were Melissa Freelend of Kearney as first vice chair, Ed Schrock of Holdrege/Elm Creek as second vice chair, and Wayne Williams as secretary. NPPD Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Laura Kapustka was elected treasurer.
FROM OPPD THE WIRE
ALSO IN THE NEWS
- Windows giant Andersen leads $30 M funding of solar window company, Electrek
- PV set to be largest source of new US generating capacity in 2022, PV Magazine
- US scientists explore how to compensate battery owners for grid value, PV Magazine
- Electric cars aren’t just vehicles. They’re big batteries, Vox