Environment America News Release
Campaigns planned on more than 50 campuses.
BOSTON — Environment America, along with students across the country, will launch 50 campaigns in 15 states this year, imploring colleges and universities to generate 100 percent of their energy from renewable sources. The nationwide initiative will include educational forums, petition drives and direct engagement with administration officials to press for 100 percent renewable energy on campuses. In support of these efforts, more than 950 faculty and campus leaders have signed a statement calling for higher education administrators to make a clear commitment to achieve 100 percent renewable energy for all operations. Read more here.
More Environment America News Releases
- Middlebury College announces commitment to 100% renewable energy
- Previously Posted: Nine states campaign for 100% clean energy
These dozen states could move to 100% renewable electricity, CBS News
ADDITIONAL 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY NEWS & OPINION
- Is 100% renewable energy for the US possible? Yes, Utility Dive
The following is a Viewpoint from Senior Policy Advisor for Energy Grant Smith and Vice President and Editor-in-Chief Bill Walker at the Environmental Working Group.
- The Beautiful Beach Town of Santa Monica Powers With 100% Renewable Energy, Thrive Global. Learn more about Santa Monica, California’s impressive sustainable plan, including clean energy, public transportation, micro mobility, organic food, water conservation and a ban on plastic. Interview with former Santa Monica Mayor Ted Winterer.
- Budweiser Puts 100% Renewable Electricity Message At Heart Of Super Bowl Commercial,
The Climate Group. Parent company Anheuser-Busch, the world’s largest brewer, is a member of RE100, a corporate leadership initiative on 100% renewable electricity led by The Climate Group in partnership with CDP. Watch the popular commercial here.
GREEN NEW DEAL
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is calling for a Green New Deal as the ‘moonshot’ of our generation. Here’s everything we know about it so far,
by Aylin Woodward, Business Insider
Ocasio-Cortez has succeeded in generating enthusiasm for a Green New Deal — 92% of Democrats and 64% of Republicans support such a plan, according to one survey.
ALSO IN THE NEWS
- Shell buys charging company Greenlots as oil majors prep for rise of EVs, Utility Dive
- Hybrid-Fueled Microgrids: The Future is Now, Microgrid Knowledge
- Supporting Non-Wires Solutions (NWS): An interview with Jason Prince from Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), Renewable Energy Magazine
- Companies Become A Major Force In The Clean Energy Market As Purchases Double, Forbes
- Massachusetts becomes first in the nation to make battery storage eligible for energy efficiency incentives, Clean Energy Group
- Report: Only A Few States Didn’t Take Policy Actions On Distributed Solar in 2018, Solar Industry