By David G. Brown and Drew Kamp, Omaha World-Herald
For many years you’ve heard complaints about the neglected state of our nation’s roads and bridges. This neglect is due to inadequate funding directed toward the care and maintenance of these critical components of our daily lives. More recently we’ve heard about the growing digital divide in rural America. Fortunately, passage of the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act has injected much-needed funding to address these longstanding issues.
It cannot be forgotten that this important and necessary piece of legislation became law with bipartisan and bicameral support. Thanks to senators including Chuck Grassley and Deb Fischer, and House members including Reps. Cindy Axne and Don Bacon, communities like Council Bluffs and Omaha will have access to money for much-needed infrastructure improvements. Continue reading here. Requires digital subscription.
David G. Brown is president and CEO of the Greater Omaha Chamber. Drew Kamp is president and CEO of the Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce.
- New Biden Administration website and guidebook focus on implementation of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, The White House
- DOE Fact Sheet: The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal Will Deliver For American Workers, Families and Usher in the Clean Energy Future, Department of Energy
- Why our clean energy future should be unionized, by Jason George, business manager and financial secretary for the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 49, Energy News Network
- Bill would give Nebraska governor pot of money to attract, keep businesses, Lincoln Journal Star
- Bill seeks to expedite rail access projects, Unicameral Update
- Ag groups, teachers union back bill to create Nebraska broadband map, Omaha World-Herald
- OPPD Dedicates Public EV Charging Station In LaVista, OPPD News Release
- Electric vehicles in Nebraska on the rise, OPPD keeping up with public charging stations, KMTV