By Abigail Ross Hopper, President & CEO,
Solar Energy Industries Association
As leaders in the solar energy industry, we know that every solar panel we install brings us one step closer to stopping the worst effects of the climate crisis. However, in order to meet this moment, the solar sector needs a strong, diverse and talented workforce to power our clean energy future. Because our employees are the backbone of our industry, we are committed to creating high quality, well-paying, stable jobs that families can count on.
Solar jobs are valuable, family-supporting careers that offer healthcare, retirement benefits, and the opportunity for rapid growth and development. These jobs tend to pay more than similar occupations in other energy industries and the economy as a whole, an important consideration when Americans across the country are looking for something better. Continue reading here.
Nebraska Job Opportunities
- Solar Energy Jobs
- An additional search strategy is to check for jobs listings on the websites of solar and wind energy companies that have installed renewable energy projects in Nebraska.
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Resources
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED READING
- Utility provider shows why effective training is key to the energy transition. Utility Dive
- How to Raise Revenue Quickly: End Fossil Fuel Handouts. Natural Resources Defense Council
- Vilsack to Announce Investments in Renewable Energy Infrastructure in Communities Across the Country, USDA News Release
- This powerful tool will help corporates make the switch to 100% renewables, World Economic Forum
- As DOE ramps up Hydrogen Shot initiative, debate about means of production begins, Utility Dive
- President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Approves Nebraska Disaster Declaration, White House Briefing Room