Associated Press, U.S. News & World Report
The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on October 28 at the Milo Bail Student Center on campus. Read more here.
Nebraskans for Solar will be among the exhibitors, which also include, in alphabetical order: American Energy Advisors, ChargePoint, DuTeau Chevrolet, Green Omaha Coalition, Nebraska Ethanol Board, OPPD, Prairie Homes, Inc,, Solar Heat and Electric, Thrasher and Transduction Technologies.
MORE NEBRASKA / MIDWEST NEWS
- Students from forty-eight high schools in four states attend Northeast Community College’s Applied Technology Career Day, KTIC
- Midwestern poultry farmers cut bills in half with new heating system, Midwest Energy News
Maintaining a tropical temperature for his turkeys, even through a Nebraska winter, used to cost Bill Bevans in the neighborhood of $60,000 annually. Not any longer. He estimates that he’s cut that bill in half since he became one of the first poultry farmers in the country to install a waste-heat recovery system developed by a researcher at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Providing power for Offutt to fly, fight, win, The Wire, OPPD News
Offutt used to be a wholesale electricity customer and, more recently, has moved to a hybrid energy customer and customer delivery model. In the mid-2000s, the Department of Defense sold the majority of Offutt’s electrical distribution systems to OPPD and entered into a 50-year custom contract with the district.
- For clean-energy jobs, sky’s the limit, Star Tribune
- New Solar Garden Will Save Local Taxpayers Millions, WJON
ALSO IN THE NEWS
- Making Solar Accessible For All: Key Takeaways From The Industry Diversity Study, Solar Industry
- Energy Department limits scope of coal, nuclear bailout: Under fire from a broad range of forces including the oil and gas industry, the Energy Department has limited its order for a coal and nuclear bailout to regional grid operators with energy and capacity markets, PV Magazine
- A resilient market: An interview with Sungrow USA CEO Steven ChaN
In this interview with pv magazine from the SPI 2017 trade show, Sungrow USA CEO Steven Chan talks about his company’s explosive growth in the United States, and why he sees this market as resilient.
- Module manufacturer Itek bucks trend, opens new factory. PV Magazine
- Sonnen Brings Its Virtual Power Plant to the US With a 2,900-Home Project, Greentech Media
- Edisun puts online the world’s largest rooftop tracking system: The 1 MW project is being followed by a 20 MW pipeline of C&I rooftop projects, all of which will utilize dual-axis tracking. PV Magazine
- Regulators in Washington State on Wednesday issued a policy statement telling investor-owned utilities in the state they should include energy storage in their planning processe, Utility Dive
- California Gov. Brown signs bill directing utilities to plan storage, DERs for peak demand,, Utility Dive
- Nevada regulators to investigate impacts of energy choice in preparation for 2018 vote, Utility Dive
- Oil giant Shell bets on electric cars, CNN
- The Sun Rises on Japan’s Solar-Powered Smart Communities, Solar Magazine