The Solar Automated Permit Processing (SolarAPP) platform aims to streamline permitting of safe, code-compliant PV systems, saving contractors and authorities having jurisdiction time and money.
The SolarAPP team, led by NREL, has developed a set of preliminary permit requirements for this system. In parallel, the SolarAPP team has built a prototype of the permitting platform.
In this webinar, we will:
• Discuss the preliminary set of requirements
• Outline avenues for collecting feedback
• View an early prototype of the SolarAPP platform
• Identify pathways for AHJs and contractors to test the platform’s functionality
Nebraskans for Solar’s goal for our 2020 series of educational events is to feature every solar business in Nebraska as well as solar experts from our local utilities.
We were doing that with in-person events during previous months. For the next months we are temporarily switching to creating new online resources for our Nebraska Solar Schools and Nebraskans for Solar’s ListServe.
Our Board of Directors voted at our March 14, 2020 meeting to invite all Nebraska solar professionals to create a special Earth Month resource, described below.
We now have emailed invitations to all Nebraska solar businesses listed in our online directory. If you are the owner or manager of a solar business with an office in our state and would like to be included in our directory, please click on “Directory” on the above menu bar for more information.
Information for Solar Businesses About This New Earth Month Project
- This information resource can be a PDF, PowerPoint, or video. Suggested content: the services your business provides; photo gallery of sample projects; information about incentives, rebates, and business equipment depreciation; your customers’ FAQs; project financing–plus anything more you want to add.
- This special Earth Month resource will be added to each solar business’ listing in our directory as they are received.
- The resources will also be featured in our newsletters and on our Facebook page and website NewsBlog.
- Please post your resource on your website and provide NFS a link to it, which we will include in our media and publicity.
- On Earth Day 2020, April 22, NFS will release an announcement for our newsletter, Facebook page and website NewsBlog and include links to all the resources we have received from Nebraska solar businesses by that date.
Also, when you have the time, will you please check your directory listing to make sure it’s up-to-date. Email changes or additions you want to make to it, as well as any questions about this new project to: email@example.com
Nebraskans for Solar Board of Directors
Ken Deffenbacher, President & Treasurer
Leo Arens, President-Elect
Syed Ali, Past President
Helen Deffenbacher, NFS Executive Director, Nebraska Solar Schools Facilitator
Louis Lester, Grants Administrator
Max Markuson DiPrince
David Corbin, former Nebraskans for Solar Board Member, continuing as NFS’ Facebook Editor