Contributed by Enel North America, Boston Business Journal
As the clean energy sector expands rapidly in Massachusetts and across the country, building an inclusive workforce is a top priority for many employers. In particular, there is a critical need for greater female representation, as women currently make up less than 30% of the clean energy workforce.
We spoke with four women leaders from across Enel North America who are carving a path for the next generation. Although serving in different roles, they all shared common motivations for pursuing a career in clean energy, including growth opportunities, mitigating the climate crisis and contributing to local and global sustainability. Continue reading here.
Enel Green Power is a leading developer, long-term owner and operator of renewable energy plants with a presence in 14 states. Rattlesnake Wind Farm was Enel’s first project in Nebraska.
Click here to learn more about Enel Green Power careers in renewable and sustainable energy and find a link to current opportunities in the U.S. and Canada.
WIND & SOLAR ENERGY EDUCATION IN NEBRASKA
Central Community College at Hastings
- Associate of Applied Science
Energy Technology AAS Degree
Energy Technology Diploma
Solar Power Certificate
Wind Power Certificate
Northeast Community College in Norfolk
Occupational Outlook Handbook, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
JOBS LISTINGS – GOOGLE
- Community College Gap Assistance Program, Nebraska’s Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
- Map a Career in Clean Energy, Department of Energy
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED READING
- FACT SHEET: The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Will Revitalize Main Street, The White House Briefing Room
- USDA Begins Accepting Applications for $1.15 Billion in Loans and Grants to Help People Living in Rural Communities Get Access to High-Speed Internet, USDA News Release
- The Clean Energy Transition Enters Hyperdrive, by Dan Gearino, Inside Climate News
Researchers argue that the shift to carbon-free energy is gaining momentum, largely because of economic benefits.