By KSNB, News Channel Nebraska
HASTINGS, Neb. — Central Community College students got some hands-on experience climbing up a 400-foot wind turbine Tuesday. Students involved in the energy technology program are taught about wind, solar and battery storage energy at the Hastings campus. For the wind portion of their learning, they are required to make the climb. Continue reading here.
CCC introduces unique renewable energy program, Hastings Tribune, August 28, 2019
Links to More Information About Nebraska Wind & Solar Technology Programs
- Energy Technology Program: Central Community College at Hastings
- Wind Energy Degrees And Programs: Northeast Community College in Norfolk
Bureau of Labor Statistics
U.S. Bureau of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook
Additional Recommended Reading/Resources
- Jefferson County Commissioners approve met tower for NextEra Energy, News Channel Nebraska
- Wind Energy Generation in Nebraska, Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy
- Solar Energy Generation in Nebraska, Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy
- IREC’s Clean Energy Career Maps
Explore Interstate Renewable Energy Council’s Career Maps to learn about the diversity of jobs available in Green Buildings, Solar, Wind, Climate Control Technology (HVAC/R).
About The IREC
For nearly 40 years, the Interstate Renewable Energy Council has made clean energy possible for millions of Americans through cutting-edge solutions that advance renewable energy, electric grid modernization, and energy efficiency.
Today, our work continues in response to the urgent need to transition to clean energy—to mitigate climate change, improve the resiliency of our communities, and ensure all people benefit from a just transition to a clean energy future.
In 2021, IREC merged with The Solar Foundation, a national nonprofit that has led the advancement of solar energy and solar-compatible technologies since 1977. Together, we are excited to deepen our impact across all clean energy technologies.