NPPD’s Board of Directors is in the process of establishing Strategic Directive 5 (SD-05) regarding future decarbonization. The utility recently completed a series of forums to discuss decarbonization initiatives and gather public input.
- NPPD Public Informational Forum (PDF). This slidedeck includes information about Strategic Directive 5.
- Submit your feedback here: NPPD’s “Powering Our Future” Survey. The survey will be available online through September 1, 2021. Additional resources are available at this same link.
OPPD has committed to achieving net-zero carbon power by 2050 and has initiated a “Pathways to Decarbonization” study to identify and prioritize strategies and actions to reach that goal. The utility has sponsored an ongoing series of public forums over the past several months, beginning in April. Click here to view recordings of all past workshops. A summary video of the workshops is also available here.
- OPPD Decarbonization Customer Pathway Survey. Available online through September 12, 2021.
- Next Meeting: Pathways to Decarbonization Engagement Session: Customer and Community Update, Thursday, September 2, 2021, 4 – 6 p.m.
LES has the goal of achieving net-zero carbon production by 2040. “From 2010 – 2020 the utility reduced its carbon dioxide emissions by 53% and the carbon intensity of the energy produced by 45%”. Click here to learn more.
Additional Recommended Reading
- LES Board of Directors Meeting Report, August 20, 2021: Nebraska Power Association 2021 Load & Capability Report, Jason Fortik, Chair, NPA Joint Planning Subcommittee
- 2021 Nebraska Power Association Load & Capability Report, August 2021
The Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska is the not-for-profit wholesale electricity supply organization of NMPP Energy. Created in 1981, MEAN provides cost-based power supply, transmission and related services to 69 participating communities in four states: Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska and Wyoming. MEAN Members/Participants
Alliance, Ansley, Arnold, Bayard, Beaver City, Benkelman, Blue Hill, Bridgeport, Broken Bow, Burwell, Callaway, Chappell, Crete, Curtis, Fairbury, Falls City, Gering, Grand Island, Grant, Hastings, Imperial, Kimball, Lyman, Mitchell, Morrill, Nebraska City, Neligh, Oxford, Paxton, Pender, Pierce, Plainview, Red Cloud, Scribner, Shickley, Sidney, Snyder, Spencer, Stuart, Trenton, West Point, Wisner