By Johnna Crider, CleanTechnica
In 2015, Target, one of the top US corporate solar power installers for 5 straight years, according to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), committed to achieving 500 solar power installations by 2020. In December of 2019, Target announced that it reached its goal (a little bit ahead of schedule). Target completed its 500th rooftop solar installation in California, appropriately enough considering that it is the #1 state in the country for solar power. Read more here.
RE 100: 221 RE100 companies have made a commitment to go ‘100% renewable’. Read about the actions they are taking and why.
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is a membership association for large-scale energy buyers seeking to procure renewable energy across the U.S. REBA’s membership of over 200 includes stakeholders from across the commercial and industrial sector, non-profit organizations, as well as energy providers and service providers. Their goal is to catalyze 60 gigawatts (GW) of new renewable energy projects by 2025 and to unlock the energy market for all large-scale energy buyers by creating viable pathways to procurement.
ALSO IN THE NEWS
- 20 Utah Communities Committed To 100% Renewable Energy In 2019, CleanTechnica
- Solar power projects heating up in Wisconsin, Lake Geneva News
- River Falls hits green milestone, switching to 100 percent renewable energy for city buildings, TwinCities Pioneer Press
- Albuquerque lays out 2020 renewable energy plan, KRQE
- Tri-State members develop alternative generation plans in their bid to exit the utility’s service, Utility Dive