By Brent Zell, Black Hills Business Correspondent, Rapid City Journal
Dwight Patterson can talk about western Nebraska and the Bahamas in a short span and make it all connect. Patterson, the founder and CEO of GenPro Energy Solutions that has its South Dakota office in Piedmont, can discuss the 5.2-megawatt solar electric project that the company is getting ready to break ground on in Scottsbluff, Nebraska. And a short time later, he can detail a project in the Bahamas that involves creating and storing energy. Read more here.
Expert Team Launches New Nebraska Solar Energy Initiative, Sol Systems News Release
With a long history of serving Nebraska communities, Mesner Development assembled a team of solar energy experts, including GenPro Energy Solutions for site development and construction and Sol Systems for project development and power purchase agreements. To date, the companies comprising N-Solar have developed, constructed, or financed a combined 17.6 megawatts of solar electric generating capacity across Nebraska.
Request Community Solar: If you are an NPPD customer and would like to request community solar for your community, click here to submit the SunWise Community Solar Interest Form.
ALSO IN THE NEWS
- Hundreds gather for sustainability festival, 1011 Now
- Who’s behind the Lincoln data center proposal?, by Matt Olberding, Lincoln Journal Star
- Tribe in pipeline protests launches solar farm, Antelope Valley Press
- These states are producing the most renewable energy. Where does yours rank?, USA Today
Using data from the Energy Information Administration, 24/7 Wall St. identified the states producing the most renewable energy. We ranked all states based on the share of total electricity production that came from renewable sources. Renewable sources is a broad EIA classification comprising geothermal, conventional hydroelectric, solar, biomass, wind, and wood and wood-derived fuels.
Electricity from renewables: 18.9% (6.7 million MWh)
Total electricity generation: 35.4 million MWh (15th lowest)
Largest renewable energy source: Wind (5.1 million MWh)
10 yr. renewable energy growth: 968.9% (2nd highest)
- A Wind Turbine Farm The Size Of Delaware Could Power The Entire United States, CleanTechnica
- Getting 100% Clear on 100% Clean, Environmental Defense Fund
- In Support of a National Energy Efficiency Resource Standard, Natural Resources Defense Council