By Laura King-Homan, The Wire, OPPD Blog
Courtney Kennedy doesn’t just tour wind farms. Kennedy, OPPD’s manager for alternative energy programs, and her team also research new alternative energy technologies, explore partnerships with large customers and work with system planning groups on how to best meet OPPD’s future load needs with alternative energy solutions. In short, Kennedy and her team are where the utility, and customers, can turn to get answers about renewable energy. Continue reading here.
Photo Credit: Omaha Public Power District
NEWS FROM OTHER STATES
- Sedgwick County school now has Kansas’ largest privately-owned solar power system, The Wichita Eagle
- In Michigan: Consumers Energy gets nod to embark on 5-GW solar plan, phase out coal, Renewables Now
- Google plans $17M expansion in Michigan to add ‘significant’ number of jobs, FOX Business
- N.J. offers initial blueprint for shift to 100% clean energy by 2050, American Public Power Association. The draft Energy Master Plan is available here.
- World’s largest battery system planned for Nevada solar plant, PV Magazine
- Five Texas Electric Coops Sign Collective Solar Power Purchase Agreement, Solar Magazine
Though small, the collective negotiation and purchase marks a first for the Texas solar power market, as well as a first for Rocky Mountain Institute’s (RMI) SHINE distribution-scale, community solar energy program.
- Six Flags Great Adventure Now Powered by Solar Energy, Finger Lakes Times
- This Virginia city is rooted in tobacco, but its revival is drawing power from solar, Energy News Network
- Walmart, US Solar Announce Agreement for 36 Community Solar Gardens, PR Newswire