Athens has become the fourth city in the US state of Georgia to commit to transitioning to 100% clean and renewable energy. The Athens-Clarke County (ACC) Commission unanimously backed a shift to 100% clean and renewable electricity by 2035. Read more here.
Additional Recommended Reading
Athens, Ga., commits to 100% clean energy by 2035, Atlanta Business Chronicle
100% RENEWABLE ENERGY INITIATIVES
- Environment America
Voices for 100% Renewable Energy
100% Renewable Campaigns
100% Renewable Campuses
More than 950 faculty and campus leaders have signed a statement calling for higher education administrators to make a clear commitment to achieve 100 percent renewable energy for all operations.
- Sierra Club’s Ready for 100: 125 U.S. cities have committed to transition to 100% renewable energy.
- RE100: 176 RE100 companies have made a commitment to go ‘100% renewable’. A growing number of RE100 companies are also working with their suppliers to help them transition to 100% renewables, creating an exponential catalyst to solar and wind energy development in their communities.
MORE 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY NEWS
- Traverse City Switching to 100% Renewable Energy, 9&10 News
- Salt Lake City moves up goal to be entirely on 100% renewable energy to 2030, Fox 13 News
- SLC mayoral candidates pledge to get the city on 100% renewable energy faster than Mayor Biskupski’s plan, Fox 13 News
- Dallas government to save US$80m via full renewable shift, PV Tech
- Washington State will need 100% clean energy by 2045, NBC Right Now
- US Wind Supports Administration Aim to Achieve 100% of Clean Electricity by 2040, PR Newswire
CORPORATE RENEWABLE ENERGY PROCUREMENT
Newly independent REBA and founding NGOs plan to supercharge corporate renewables procurement, GreenBiz. REBA has an ambitious goal; it aims to catalyze 60 gigawatts of new renewable energy by 2025 — an amount about equal to the total solar capacity in the United States, which reached 64 gigawatts at the end of 2018.