Xcel Energy customers in Wisconsin now have a new option to power their homes and
businesses with clean wind and solar energy. Monday, they announced its Renewable Connect
Program. Xcel says customers who subscribe will be able to secure up to 100 percent of their
electricity from a blend of wind and solar resources. Officials say the program will allow
customers to subscribe to the full renewable energy benefits of low-cost wind and solar energy,
giving them the flexibility to choose how much and for how long. Read more here.
Image by Xcel Energy
NEWS FROM OTHER STATES
Nevada joins league of states fighting climate change,
Las Vegas Review-Journal
Gov. Steve Sisolak has signed Nevada onto the U.S. Climate Alliance, joining 22 other states in a commitment to reduce greenhouse emissions and the effects of climate change.
U.S. Climate Alliance
- State demand outruns supply for renewable energy incentive, The Southern Illinoisan
- Cost of adding new wind, solar energy continues to fall in Minnesota, report says, Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Minnesota Lays Claim To First-Of-Its-Kind Renewable Energy Hybrid, CleanTechnica
- Indiana Town Commits to 100% Renewable Energy by 2050, Energy Manager Today
- Florida Legislators Pushing the State To 100% Renewable Energy by 2050, Energy Manager Today
- Renewable energy rail project would run from Mason City to Chicago, Mason City Globe Gazette
SunPower rolls out solar program to support the Sierra Club, Solar Power World
Grassroots environmental organization Sierra Club, one of the most enduring and influential in the United States, is providing an opportunity for its more than 3.5 million members and
supporters to go solar with SunPower. As part of the new
program, participating Sierra Club members or supporters who purchase or lease a SunPower home solar system can receive a $1,000 mail-in rebate and SunPower will give Sierra Club $1,000 to support the organization’s mission.
Sierra Club’s Ready for 100: To date, 111 cities have committed to 100% renewable energy.