Julia Pyper, Greentech Media
The plan represents the largest clean energy investment in Nevada’s history—as the state contemplates moving to an open, competitive retail electricity market. Read more here.
Photo Credit: Cypress Creek Renewables
ALSO OF POTENTIAL INTEREST
- Editorial: A windfall for Iowa, The Daily Nonpareil
MidAmerican Energy plan to expand wind energy would be a win for Iowa and consumers.
- 83% of Illinois residents want the freedom to choose clean energy, PV Magazine
Maintaining energy choice ranks high for residents regardless of political party.
- We can learn from California’s solar energy strategy, Amherst News Citizen-Record Opinion by Alan Walter, a retired professional engineer living in Oxford. He was born in Wales and worked in Halifax. He spends much of his time in Oxford, where he operates a small farm.
- NextEra to build 300 MW-AC of solar power in Wisconsin, PV Magazine
Madison Gas and Electric and WEC Energy Group of Wisconsin have signed deals for 100 MW and 200 MW, respectively.
- NextEra reveals 2.75 GW solar module deal with JinkoSolar, PV Magazine
The Florida power giant has announced that it is the mysterious counterparty that will be supporting JinkoSolar’s foray into U.S. manufacturing, and Jinko has revealed that its Florida factory will have a 400 MW annual capacity.
- Solar energy farms proposed in Manitowoc, Iowa counties, WBAY
- American Public Power Association’s DEED funded projects include EVs, floating solar arrays, blockchain
- Blockchain-based Democratization of Energy Making Gains on Three Continents, Renewable Energy World
- The city of Bowling Green may soon have the largest community solar space in Ohio, WTOL
- California, New York, New Jersey make a $1.29 billion investment in EVs, CNET
The money will go to programs to help further popularize electric vehicles as well as building out charging network.
- U of M solar car team challenges Iowa State to a duel, University of Minnesota
- How Do Community Solar Gardens Work?, CBS Minnesota
- Connect: Windmills are standing next to solar panels in Nebraska’s ranch country, The North Platte Telegraph
- Using Solar Energy to Pump Water for Livestock, University of Florida Extension, Dairy Herd Management