By Jeff Collins, Orange County Register
The California Energy Commission is scheduled to vote Wednesday, May 9, on new energy standards mandating most new homes have solar panels starting in 2020. If approved as expected, solar installations on new homes will skyrocket. Read the entire article here.
ALSO IN THE NEWS
- SMUD sells out its 150 megawatts of shared solar power, Sacramento Business Journal
- Absent Federal Action, Communities and Corporations Commit to Renewables, Environmental Working Group
- Arizona Company Offers Incentive for Residential Energy Storage, Renewable Energy Magazine
- Solar power tax incentives fall almost 50% as installations increase 300% PV Magazine USA
- Elon Musk touts 600-mile range, clean energy for electric Semi, GreenBiz