Nebraskans for Solar (NFS) needs your help to raise funds to support solar initiatives in our community. Our goal is to establish a revolving account to install solar PV systems on homes in an effort to provide clean, abundant green energy. We will partner with local nonprofits, like Habitat for Humanity of Omaha and others, to not only protect our environment, but also to save families money through solar systems.
Green Watts for Good Fundraiser
- Contributions will be deposited in Nebraskans for Solar’s Green Watts for Good Savings Account at Metro Credit Union.
- We are raising funds for 4-kilowatt PV systems: $6,500 per system. The solar panels come with the manufacturer’s warranty to last 25 years.
- Nebraskans for Solar board members, who include three solar professionals and four who have rooftop solar, will install a 4-kilowatt PV system as a demonstration home for our partnering nonprofit and our community.
Ways You Can Get Involved in Green Watts for Good
- Learn more about Green Watts for Good at 2018 Earth Day celebrations and all NFS-sponsored events, at Omaha Gives.Org, on our website and Facebook page, and from our newsletters.
- Share our Green Watts for Good Flyer with other solar energy enthusiasts and invite them to join our community initiative.
- Join us for a post-installation party at the solar-powered demonstration home! All Green Watts for Good contributors will receive special invitations. Refreshments will be served, and everyone will receive a “thank you” gift, with four options, compliments of Nebraskans for Solar.
- Make a tax-deductible contribution at Earth Day events where we are sponsoring a table or at any of our community events. Two more options:
- Omaha Gives.Org / Nebraskans for Solar Fundraising Campaign
- Make a donation directly to Nebraskans for Solar. Please make checks payable to Nebraskans for Solar, with Green Watts for Good in the memo line, and mail to:
Metro Credit Union
PO Box 390696
Omaha, Nebraska 68139