The Rocky Mountain Institute believes the Community-Scale Solar (CSS) segment sits in an economic sweet spot in the market and represents an economic opportunity of as much as $30 billion. Read more here.
Thinkstock Photo – RMI
NEWS FROM OTHER NEIGHBORING STATES
- Chisago County has become a case study in the possibilities and politics of solar energy in Greater Minnesota, Minnesota Post. At the end of 2017, according to the state Commerce Department, 94 solar gardens were up and running across Minnesota, producing 286 megawatts of electricity, or enough to power roughly 285,000 homes. In Chisago County, farmers and other landowners have put up a dozen solar gardens, with another four in the planning stages. (The county is also home to the massive 100-megawatt North Star Solar – a 440,000-panel, 1,100-acre power utility near North Branch).
- BP backs 20 MW solar project in Kansas, PV Magazine
Under a 25-year power-purchase agreement with the Mid-Kansas Electric Company, which is comprised of six electrical cooperatives in the state, the newly formed Lighthouse BP company will build a 20 MW solar farm which, when completed, will be the largest solar farm in The Sunflower State.
- Wisconsin Solar Industry Remains Unshaded Despite Tarriff, The Pointer, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
- Traverse City Central students working to bring solar panels to high school campus, Up North Live
- Goshen College to Install Solar Array, Inside Indiana Business
- Iowa Farmer Invests in Solar Energy, US News & World Report
- Solar farmhouse near Ann Arbor one of world’s greenest homes, Michigan Live
- Guest view: Clean energy makes for good rural politics, Quad-City Times
Visa Commits to 100% Renewable Electricity by End of 2019: Supports industry progress by joining RE100 Initiative and Business Renewables Center, signing Corporate Renewable Energy Buyers’ Principles.