Please join us for the next Solar Group Buy Meeting
November 8, 2017 at 7 p.m.
UNO’s Community Engagement Center
Combined Rooms 201 and 205
Two brief panel presentations, each followed by a major Q&A session, are planned for the second meeting of the greater-Omaha-area Solar Group Buy. One panel of local energy efficiency experts will discuss numerous ways to save energy and money, from the free and inexpensive steps you can take to the more expensive. Conserving energy will reduce the size solar system required to meet the electricity needs of a home or business.
Solar installers will make up a second panel of experts. They will briefly introduce themselves and then open the discussion to attendees’ questions. Included, too, will be a demonstration of the ConnectDER, available incentives, a discussion of the inspection process required by OPPD, the solar installation permit, and banks and other lending agencies that provide loans for energy efficiency upgrades and solar energy projects. Solar Ambassadors, those who have already installed solar, will also be present to add to the discussion and answer questions.
Optional items to bring to the meeting:
- photo of your roof or other proposed solar installation site
- rooftop checklist – See the Solar Group Buy PowerPoint. A separate checklist will be added soon to the resources, below.
- OPPD bills showing your usage over the past months
RESOURCES PRESENTED AT OUR OCTOBER 11TH MEETING
- Solar Group Buy PowerPoint
- Solar Group Buy Handout
- ConnectDER Flyer See article, below, for more information.
- ConnectDER Video
- StorEdge Solution Flyer: Inverter Compatible With the ConnectDER
- Directory of Nebraska Solar Businesses
- Solar Examples: Installation & Location Options
New connection technology is cutting cost of solar installation, by Karen Uhlenhuth,
Midwest Energy News
Please join us and contribute to the discussion! Refreshments will be provided.