Herman K. Trabish, Utility Dive
While the Trump Administration is taking a number of steps to bolster coal-fired generation and rescind climate regulations, electric utilities should prepare for a very low-carbon future, former Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz told Utility Dive at the National Clean Energy Summit in Las Vegas last week.
Despite the White House’s withdrawal from the Paris climate agreement, “there is no going back on the fight against climate and the innovation prize is enormous,” Moniz said. “We are talking about multi-trillion-dollar markets. The real issue is that the U.S. needs to capture a big part of that market to keep its innovation edge.” Click here to read more.
ALSO OF POTENTIAL INTEREST
- Universal energy access by 2030 is now within reach says IEA, Press Release, Renewable Energy Magazine
- New Texas wind farm is Amazon’s largest, Utility Dive
- The Corporate Renewables Market Is Ready for Smaller Buyers, Rocky Mountain Institute Outlet
- Clean Power Plan Repeal Won’t Stop Clean Energy Future in IL, Natural Resources Defense Council
- A Tidal Wave of Local Clean Energy in California, Rocky Mountain Institute Outlet
- Georgia Power Announces New Community Solar Program, Solar Industry
- New website: Shared Mobility Principles For Livable Cities. A consortium of transport experts, led by Zipcar cofounder Robin Chase, recently launched Shared Mobility Principles for Livable Cities to help guide urban decision makers and stakeholders toward new mobility options that benefit all.
- These City Bus Routes Are Going All Electric – and Saving Money, Inside Climate News
Electric bus startup Proterra is leading a shift away from diesel-powered public transit to help cities save money, improve health and cut greenhouse gas emissions.
- 4 Questions About Climate Change and the California Fires, Inside Climate News
- Devastation in Puerto Rico Could Produce a Revolutionary Power Grid, Brookings
- Butterfly Wings Could Lead the Way to More Efficient Solar Panels, Renewable Energy Magazine
- Tesla wins contract to supply Powerpacks at world’s first solar+wind+storage project, Electrek
- Listen Up: Running a Successful Local Solar Business, The Energy Show on Renewable Energy World