The company says it has powered small islands, such as Ta’u in American Samoa. There, it installed a solar grid which can power the entire island and store enough electricity for three days without any sun. “The Tesla team has done this for many smaller islands around the world, but there is no scalability limit, so it can be done for Puerto Rico, too,” Mr Musk tweeted.
Click here to read more.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED READING
- Elon Musk says Tesla can help rebuild Puerto Rico’s grid. Governor says ‘let’s talk,’ Utility Dive
- Storms Spur $22 Billion Investment in Battery-Packed Grids, Bloomberg
- California energy storage siting bill signed into law, Utility Dive
- Harvard survey: Only one-third of businesses have developed resiliency plans, Utility Dive
- How Target uses demand response to cut energy, supply chain costs: Target boasts 815 locations in 31 states enrolled in 140 different programs, Utility Dive
- After first year, on-bill financing by Michigan utility enabling bigger efficiency upgrades, Midwest Energy News
- Minnesota solar garden program passes 100-megawatt milestone, with 180 more community solar projects in the design and construction phase. The Community Solar Garden program was created by the legislature and launched in 2014, Star Tribune
- Xcel claims nation’s largest community solar capacity, PV Magazine
- Editorial praises Ameren Missouri’s announcement that it will add at least 700 megawatts of wind generation by 2020, The Missourian
- IEA: Renewable electricity set to grow 40 per cent globally by 2022, Eco-Business
- China leading in green energy growth, China Daily
Right Light is a free app that helps you choose the right energy-efficient LED bulbs for your purposes.