By Bill Novak, Wisconsin State Journal
A sample system shown on Midwest Solar Power’s website would cost $13,000, but that would be cut almost in half through federal tax credits, rebates and the group buy. The group purchase program is run by the non-profit RENEW Wisconsin Inc. on behalf of the city of Madison with support from Middleton. Read the entire article here.
Photo Credit: RENEW Wisconsin
RESOURCES FOR NEBRASKA COMMUNITIES CONSIDERING SOLAR GROUP BUYING
- How much does a solar electric system cost in Nebraska? Includes costs for do-it-yourselfers.
- Cheaper by the Dozen: Solar Group Purchase Programs, American Solar Energy Society
- Group solar purchases helping Midwest cities cut carbon emissions, Midwest Energy News
- Milwaukee’s solar group-buying program is expanding, Milwaukee Journal Sentine
- Solar Bulk Purchases, Community Power Network