Here are ten policies, trends, and market forces that are having a larger substantive impact on the trajectory of CO₂ emissions in the U.S. than the Clean Power Plan will.
1. MERCURY AND AIR TOXIC STANDARDS
2. INVESTMENT TAX CREDIT EXTENSION FOR SOLAR PV AND PRODUCTION TAX CREDIT EXTENSION FOR WIND
3. SUPREME COURT RULING ON FERC 745 (DEMAND RESPONSE)
4. ECONOMICS OF COAL, GAS, AND RENEWABLES
5. LEADING UTILITIES
6. INDUSTRY LEADERS
7. LEADING STATE LEGISLATIVE POLICIES
8. LEADING STATE REGULATORY POLICIES
9. PROGRESSIVE INDEPENDENT SYSTEM OPERATORS
10. CUSTOMER CHOICE
Click here to read about each one.