About Nebraskans for Solar
Nebraskans for Solar (NFS) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded in January 2012. We work with allied nonprofits and agencies, schools, businesses and individuals to advance renewable energy in our state and to raise awareness about the economic and environmental benefits of clean energy to our local communities.
Our focus areas include:
- Nebraska Solar Schools
New project made possible by a grant from the Nebraska Environmental Trust:
100 Solar Energy Kits for 100 Nebraska Schools
- Community Solar & Rooftop Solar
- Providing renewable energy news and resources at all our events, on our website and Facebook page and through our electronic newsletters.
- Sponsoring, or co-sponsoring with allied organizations, an ongoing series of free educational community events for all ages.
To subscribe to our electronic newsletter, which includes Nebraska Solar Schools news, just send an email to: email@example.com with “subscribe” in the subject line.
Save the Date! September 12, 2019 at 7 pm
UNO’s Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center, Rooms 201/205. Mr. Bracht will provide an overview of Nebraska’s wind and solar development and our state’s potential for future growth.
Specific topics will include:
- power purchase agreements
- virtual power purchase agreements
- commercial and industrial use of solar
- the potential for combined solar and battery installations
- incentives and depreciation
Nebraskans for Solar’s Board of Directors
President: Syed Ali
President-Elect: Ken Deffenbacher
Past President: Michael Shonka
Facebook Coordinator: David Corbin
Website, Newsletter & Events Coordinator: Helen Deffenbacher
Events Volunteers: Catherine Carroll, Donnis Arens, Jared Friesen, Jeff Berggren, Leo Arens, Teresa Kooima, and the above board members.
Projects Development Team: All board members.