By Mike Loizzo, Nebraska Radio Network
Wind energy in Nebraska has grown from roughly 80 megawatts a decade ago to more than 1300 megawatts now. “Nebraska has, without a doubt, world-class wind resources, so it makes sense for us, as a state, to take advantage of those wind resources,” John Hansen, Nebraska Farmers Union president and conference co-chair, tells Nebraska Radio Network. Continue reading.
MORE GOOD NEWS
- Electric cooperatives light the way toward more community solar, Solar Power World
- Minnesota community solar capacity soars to 170 MW, PV Magazine. According to the Institute for Local Self-Reliance, Minnesota’s long ballyhooed community solar program has exploded, with more than 100 projects reaching a capacity of 170 MW of electricity.
- Indiana municipal utility association launches another solar park, PV Magazine. Indiana Municipal Power Association dedicates another megawatt scale PV system in one of their member communities, totaling 15 systems so far.
- Wisconsin Businessman Creates Fund To Help Nonprofits Go Solar, WUWM
- Boulder County Incentive Program Drives Adoption Of Two ‘Sexy Electrics’: Solar & Electric Cars — Episode 47 Of Local Energy Rules Podcast, CleanTechnica
- Southwestern Missouri utility seeks to retire coal plant early as it adds wind generation, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Wind farms making headway in Missouri, Joplin Globe
- MG&E to build new wind farm to expand use of renewable energy, WKOW
- Dairyland Power flips switch on Wisconsin’s fourth largest wind farm, Winona Daily News
- Amazon plans to expand to 15 Central Ohio data centers, Columbus Business First
NEW SOLAR FRED OP-ED
Here’s a list of the most relevant social hashtags for #solar PR, marketing and advocacy. In his latest op-ed for pv magazine, marketing master Solar Fred goes over the do’s and don’t’s of hashtags in solar marketing.