6001 Dodge St
Omaha, NE 68182
Co-Sponsored by Green Bellevue & Sierra Club’s Missouri-Valley Group
- Announcements, including new solar installations since our last meeting. Photos would be appreciated but are optional.
Wyndle Young, OPPD Project Director, Customer Initiatives, will discuss the following topics:
- OPPD training for solar installers and code inspectors on the interconnection process.
- Update of OPPD’s Distributed Generation (DG) Manual.
- The ConnectDER.
- Renovation of the Distributed Generation portion of OPPD’s website. See NFS’s home page for more information.
David Holtzclaw, owner of Transduction Technologies, will present the step-by-step process for a business or homeowner to install a solar PV system.
Both presentations will be followed by Q&A sessions, facilitated by our speakers and two additional solar experts: Jeff Bergrenn of GenPro Energy Solutions and Michael Shonka, owner of Solar Heat and Electric, as well as solar ambassadors, people who have installed a PV system at their homes or businesses. Attendees will be provided a list of FAQ’s prepared by solar installers. Everyone is also invited to bring resources to share at our information tables and during the roundtable.
- Attendees will be asked to contribute ideas for topics and speakers for future workshops.
Please bring your information packets if you attended the October and November group buy meetings and these (optional) items:
- Photo of your roof or other proposed solar installation site if you are going solar.
- Photo of your project if you’ve installed a solar system since our November meeting
- OPPD bills for your personal reference to monthly kilowatt-hours (kWh) usage.
SOLAR GROUP BUY RESOURCES
- Solar Group Buy PowerPoint
- Solar Group Buy Handout
- ConnectDER Flyer
- ConnectDER Video
- StorEdge Solution Flyer: Inverter Compatible With the ConnectDER
- Directory of Nebraska Solar Businesses
- Solar Examples: Installation & Location Options
New connection technology is cutting cost of solar installation, by Karen Uhlenhuth, Midwest Energy News
All our events are open to the public. Please join us and bring a friend! Refreshments will be served.
CEC GUEST PARKING
Reserved parking is available for Nebraskans for Solar guests in Lot E in front of the Community Engagement Center. Visitors should enter through the parking booth, which is staffed by an attendant until 7pm. Let the attendant know you are there for the Nebraskans for Solar event. If Lot E has reached capacity, he or she will direct you to another lot. After 7 p.m. parking is available in all UNO parking lots, including the library’s lot next to the CEC.