Every year, LES teams with community partners to bring you the Sustainable Living Festival, an interactive, family-friendly event that teaches you easy ways to take care of our environment.
- Get an up-close look at Tesla roadsters.
- Snack on solar-cooked popcorn.
- Cycle through the latest and greatest in Lincoln’s bike system, from innovative gear to a new bike-share program.
- Craft their own art project out of recycled materials.
- Learn how textile sustainability starts at home.
- Pick up tips on easy ways to conserve water.
- Recycle all types of electronics.
- See selected pieces from The Art Reach Project’s “Cardboard Village” community art project.
- Understand the science behind composting, from organic home waste to worms.
- Find out how LES brings renewable energy to Lincoln through solar and wind technology.
- Discover much more.
You can expect to learn from engaging activities from our community partners at this year’s festival!
|SUSTAINABLE LIVING FESTIVAL PARTNERS:|
|Big Red Worms||HVcycle|
|Black Market Clothing Exchange||Joslyn Institute for Sustainable Communities|
|City of Lincoln Parks, Planning, and Health||Joyride Bicycles|
|City of Lincoln Watershed Management Division||J-Tech Solar|
|Clean Air Lawn Care of Lincoln||Lancaster Master Gardeners|
|CommonGround Nebraska||Lincoln Children’s Museum|
|Community Crops||Lincoln Public Schools|
|Compost Lincoln||Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department|
|Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute||Nebraska Building Products|
|Dixon Power Systems||Nebraska Recycles|
|EcoStores Nebraska||Nebraska Recycling Council|
|Environmental Studies, UNL||Nebraska Statewide Arboretum|
|Envirorun||Nebraskans for Solar|
|Fontenelle Forest||Pioneers Park Nature Center|
|Great Plains Bicycling Club||Salt Valley Chapter, Nebraska Master Naturalists|
|Green UNL||SWT Energy Inc|
|High Level Happiness||The ArtReach Project|