News Release Posted by the Solar Energy Industries Association
NEW YORK– Philanthropist, business mogul and five-time Grammy nominated artist Akon has initiated a partnership to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) by 2030 and assisting participating US states to meet their renewable energy goals . . . As of January 2019, Akon Lighting America will begin developing utility scale renewable energy projects throughout the United States and constructing renewable energy solutions for rural and low-income housing communities. Read more here.
100% RENEWABLE ENERGY NEWS
- Four Members of Congress back movement calling for 100% renewables by 2030, Green New Deal, PV Magazine. The 100% renewable energy movement is gaining steam, even in the U.S. Congress. Image: Sunrise Movement
- Five new governors aim for 100% renewables, PV Magazine
- Sierra Club’s Ready for 100 – An Update. With ten more recently joining in, 99 cities have now committed to 100% renewable energy in Sierra Club’s Ready for 100 initiative. The Sierra Club, founded in 1892, has 3.5 million members and supporters nationwide. Recently Released: 2018 Case Studies Reports featuring 10 new cities that are ready for 100% clean energy!
- CommBank becomes first Australian business to join RE100, PV Magazine Australia
Commonwealth Bank of Australia will source 65% of its power from renewable energy by next year and will go completely green by 2030, as Australia’s first business to join 154 international companies that signed up to the global initiative RE100.
- Spain Unveils ‘Groundbreaking’ Plan to Slash Emissions and Transition to 100% Renewable Energy by 2050, Common Dreams
- AES Unveils Ambitious Portfolio Transition That Could Result in 100% Renewables, Greentech Media. The power producer says it is “climate-transition ready.” AES also plans to incorporate storage with many of its future renewables projects.
- Battery Energy Storage Is A $1 Trillion Opportunity As Costs Continue To Crash, Forbes
- Solar Costs Now Lower Than Coal and Even Natural Gas, SEIA
- Greenlots and Volvo to partner on charging infrastructure for electric trucks, Utility Dive
- Solar panels increase grasses for sheep and cows by 90%, PV Magazine
NEW GLOBAL REPORT
Renewable Energy Market to Garner $2,152 Billion by 2025, Reveals Report, Interesting Engineering
A new report published by global market consultancy Allied Market Research is revealing a very promising future for the renewables industry with hydro and ocean power leading the way.
FEATURED EV INITIATIVE
The EV Drive Coalition is working to urge Congress to reform the federal electric vehicle (EV) tax credit so automakers can continue producing, workers can continue building, and consumers can continue buying vehicles that produce zero emissions. Supporters of EVs and the tax credit have formed this coalition to ensure that EVs remain viable in the United States. Supporters include consumer advocates, environmental groups, free market advocates and automakers, among others. See Also: Fact Sheets