In the past year, Iowa and South Dakota produced more than 30 percent of their electricity from wind, and 12 other states exceeded 10 percent (Kansas, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Minnesota, Colorado, Vermont, Idaho, Maine, Texas, Oregon, New Mexico, Nebraska).
Read the entire press release here.
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED READING
- Neb. To Celebrate American Wind Week, Yankton Daily Press & Dakotan
- Tri Global Energy to develop a 100MW wind farm in Nebraska, reNEWS This will be the company’s first such project outside of Texas. Development of the Sugar Loaf wind farm will be initiated this year, a spokeswoman told reNEWS. Sugar Loaf will bring the company’s wind portfolio to more than 2.9GW.
- Archived Article: What are wind techs, why are they so much in demand, and how do you become one?
- Free Online Course: Wind Energy – From Wind Turbines to Grid Integration. Available at Alison, online provider of free courses and workplace skills training.
- Target Will Buy 100MW of Wind Energy To Power 150 Stores, Bloomberg
- Kansas Wind Farm To Power 150 Target Stores, North American Windpower
- Orlando commits to 100 percent renewable energy citywide by 2050, Orlando Weekly