This interactive workshop, presented by the SunShot Solar Outreach Partnership, provided actionable information on creating a local-level solar program in Fremont, Nebraska on May 27, 2015. Areas of focus included: energy planning to facilitate solar installations; state and local incentives for solar energy; innovative financing options for solar projects; and why solar is viable for the Fremont area. Case study examples highlighted successful practices and lessons learned from communities that have undertaken solar projects in these focus areas.
- Ryan Cook, Meister Consultants Group, Inc. email@example.com
- Mary Liang, The Solar Foundation, MaryLiang@solarfound.org
- Solar Panels and Historic Preservation, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Brownfields and Solar, Recycling Land for Solar Energy Development, The American Planning Association, and Re-Powering America’s Land, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Projecting potential power production on a specific site, PV Watts Calculator, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Homeowners Associations (HOAs), A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, The Solar Foundation
Download Solar Powering Your Community: Fremont, Nebraska here.